For a reliable car battery or a cell for other use like camping, there isn’t anything better than the LiFePO4. Its impressive deep cycle capabilities alongside the long lifespan make them worthy of the money they ask for.
But not all the LiFePO4 deserves the high price. If you don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on a piece of junk, then trying out the best LiFePO4 battery from the list below should be the obvious choice.
Just give it a look to know more.
6 Best LiFePO4 Battery:
Want the best LiFePO4 cell to buy? Then take some to go through all the finds I’ve got right here. Trust me, you won’t regret making time to check them out.
1. Battle Born LifePO4 deep cycle battery
Finding a reliable battery that offers a great lifespan is hard. Not any more thanks to the Battle Born LifePO4 deep cycle battery.
This lithium iron phosphate battery will provide you better lifespan. But more than that, unlike the lead-acid ones, there is no risk of spilling any liquid. It got no acid which is why you can mount it in any position you like.
So, why not give it a go?
Why Battle Born LiFePO4 Battery is a top pick?
Batteries can be hard to manage. Not the Battle Born one. The LifePO4 battery has a brain working to handle the unit.
Whether there is a case of over-discharge, overheating, or poor grounding encountered within the battery, the system will cut off the connection. A temperature sensor is at work here to ensure safety from such failures.
However, with the battery discharge, you don’t have to worry much. Unlike other cells, there is no DoD level to be maintained. So, you can discharge it fully in case there is a need for it.
That feature adds more use cycles from a single charge to the cell. And when you add the fast charging to the equation, that makes for a great unit.
Overall, this 31lbs, sleek battery got a lower footprint while adding more capacity to it, making it the ultimate car battery there is.
- BUILT-IN BMS: BMS stands for "Battery Management System" - the brain of our deep cycle lithium batteries. Our BMS protects your battery from most common causes of battery failure, such as temperature volatility or ground faults. The BMS regulates the amount of power taken out of the battery and acts as a shut-off system to protect the li-ion cells (and you) from unsafe operating conditions.
- LITHIUM ION TECHNOLOGY: Unlike Lead Acid batteries, Battle Born's deep cycle lithium ion batteries have unlimited mounting capability, exceptional longevity, and are more cost effective. When factoring time and cost into your purchase, our lithium ion battery banks come out ahead every time. Plus, Li-Ion batteries can be safer than Lead Acid batteries, which have no protection against ground faults.
- GREEN ENERGY BATTERIES: Made from 100% safe, nontoxic, renewable energy, Battle Born Batteries last for more cycles and can be charged and discharged repeatedly (and charge faster than any other battery). We make our renewable, sustainable green energy batteries because they’re simply better than anything else out there, including other green batteries.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND VERSATILE: At a sleek 31 lbs, our 100Ah 12v battery weighs in at only 1/3 the weight of lead acid batteries! With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-ion batteries perfect for marine, RV, campers, golf cart, off-road and off-grid applications!
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Proudly designed and assembled in the Reno, Nevada - the epicenter of the lithium ion battery world. We test (and re-test... and re-test again) literally every battery we ship and all of our batteries come with an industry-leading 10 year warranty. We believe you should be as confident in your battery as we are.
2. Renogy Li 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
Whether you’re looking for a battery unit for your marine or RV, or even powering up for a home system off the grid, check out the Renogy.
This Li 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phospate allows the luxury of a parallel connection between multiple cells to create a power grid of your own.
Alongside that, with its advanced battery management system and communication ports, it is one of the most exciting cells to existence today.
Why not give it a look?
Why Renogy Li 12V 100Ah Lithium Battery is Our Top Pick?
When you need to increase the amp on the battery, there isn’t much option. The only choice you’ve got is to connect batteries in parallel. But there is always the risk of batteries getting damaged.
With the Renogy unit, there is no such issue. It auto-balances the voltage rating to make sure to work alongside other cells.
Surprising thing is that it got a UP port and Link port right at the top of the unit. That means you can not only connect it to batteries but even make the connection with other external devices like a host computer. So, you can do data transmissions using the gear.
This cell can offer users more than 4000 cycles at a continuous discharge current of 100 A. And that even with a wide variety of operating temperatures.
Not to forget about the weight factor. If you’re coming from a lead-acid battery, you can see the difference in weight as it cuts down the load by half. Therefore, mounting and unmounting it becomes much easier.
- 【Uncompromising Quality】State-of-the-art battery cells ensure a lifespan of more than 4000 cycles, 100A continuous discharge current, and a wide range of operation temperature, Protection Rate: IP54, Insulation Resistance: 500V DC
- 【Reliable BMS System】The state-of-the-art battery management system (BMS) with high-performance dual-processors provides short circuit, over charging and over-temperature protection while maintaining a balanced voltage across all cells.
- 【Activation switch】The battery with an activation switch will allow you manually get into the shelf mode, the battery will have a very low self-discharge rate in the mode and can hold the charge for a longer period. To better protect your battery when not in use.
- 【Auto-balancing Function】Easily connect multiple batteries in parallel with the auto-balancing function to improve the average charging efficiency for your batteries in the long term.
- 【Real-time monitor】The battery features RS485 communication ports—enabling communication between batteries, external devices (BT-2 Bluetooth Module or Monitoring Screen) and host computers for you to monitor the charging status in real-time in Renogy DC Home APP.
3. 12V 200Ah Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
For the deep-cycling capacity, the Ampere Time is one to go for. Over the lead-acid cells, it gives you much more than you can ever imagine.
You get a lifespan of 10-years with over 4000 cycles from the unit. On top of that, it has 3-times less weight than the other cell types.
So, if you’re trying to give a battery for using for car, outdoor camping, or any other need, give it a go at the Ampere Time unit.
Why 12V 200Ah Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery is Top Pick?
Batteries can be a liability, especially the lead-acid ones for the toxic chemical used in them. But using the Ampere Time LifePO4 cell, you can get excuse yourself from any such trouble. Having no toxic chemical used to make them, these batteries have no risk of spilling anything. And that’s one of the reasons you can mount them at any angle you wish.
Besides that, there is the added bonus of having better charge efficiently. As you’re not bound by the 50% DoD level like the lead-acid or AGM ones with the Lithium ones, you can discharge them fully as many times as you like.
The battery provides the user with 10 times longer cycles that can span from 2000-5000 cycles. Compared to the 300-500 ones from the other battery types, it is a massive improvement.
Not just that, you can even witness an astronomical run-time boost with it. The Ampere unit with its flat discharge curve can give 90% off use capacity holding the 12V. And yes, like the others, it got that built-in BMS to protect the battery from issues like short circuits to other things that can ruin the cell.
- 【Automotive Grade Lithium Battery】 Ampere Time lithium iron batteries have exceptional quality since they are manufactured by Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells with higher energy density, more stable performance & greater power. Highest-level safety based on UL Testing Certificate for the cell inside the battery. With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-iron batteries perfect for solar home, RV, campers, golf cart, motor homes, off-grid applications.
- 【10 Years lifetime】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery provides 4000+ cycles, which is more than 10 times to Lead Acid with 200~500 cycles. Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery has a 10-year service life, three times longer than the Lead Acid’s 3-year lifetime.
- 【1/3* Lightweight】 Ampere Time LiFePO4 Battery weighs only 48.28 lbs for one module, only 1/3* the weight of lead acid batteries, which makes it an easy choice for RVs, Marine and Off-Grid Applications when mounting or mobility is in the consideration.
- 【95%* Efficiency】 Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery’s flat discharge curve holds above 12.8V for up to 95%* of its capacity usage, providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to only 50% in Lead Acid. This product is your best choice for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation.
- 【100% Protection】 Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS (Battery Management System) to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Built-in high-temp cut off prevents charging over 167 °F (75 °C). Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged. Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery is IP65 level waterproof, which set you free from worrying to install indoors or outdoors.
4. CHINS 12V 300Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
For those of you who are looking for an environmentally friendly solution, the CHINS are the one to bet on for sure.
Compared to any standard lead-acid battery, this will last 8 to 10 times more. The value it brings for the money is worth taking a look at it.
Why CHINS 12V 300Ah LiFePO4 Battery is Top Pick?
The first thing first is the battery’s performance. Where a regular battery can give you 300-500 cycles. The CHINS LiFePO4 unit will offer 10 times more of it. That’s right, 2000-5000 cycles for 10-years is what it gives to the users.
Not just that. In terms of performance, the Automotive cell has a higher energy density to offer to the users. You can expect to get greater power with much more superior stability.
And with the solar panel charging alongside the fast charging feature, it becomes a deadly duo that makes it worth trying.
Plus, you get higher protection for the cell. Using the BMS board, the battery got its functioning brain in place that saves it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuits.
- 【Deep Cycle Battery】: Our LiFePO4 battery provides 2000+ cycles compared to 300~500 cycles in lead acid battery. The service life of LiFePO4 batteries is 8 to 10 times that of standard lead-acid batteries. The weight of the lithium iron phosphate battery is 30% lighter than the lead-acid battery of the same capacity. Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged. We can provide technical support services at any time.
- 【Lithium Iron Technology】: CHINS deep cycle lithium-ion battery has higher energy density, more stable performance and greater power. LiFepo4 battery will not burn when overcharged, overdischarged, overcurrent or short circuit, and can withstand high temperatures without decomposition. It can support fast charging and solar panel charging. Our LiFepo4 batteryis a green battery, it does not contain any heavy metals and rare metals and is more environmentally friendly.
- 【Built-In BMS & Convenience & Maintenance Free】: Our LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS (Battery Management System) to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Built-in high temp cut off prevents charging over 122 °F (50 °C). Plus, Li-Ion batteries can be safer than Lead Acid batteries, which have no protection against ground faults. This product is your best choice for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation.
- 【Capacity Expansion】: Our Lifepo4 batteries can be connected in parallels and in series for larger capacity and voltage. Max connection in series: Up to 4 identical batteries for up to 48V connecting in series. Connection in parallels: it can connect multiple batteries, suggest no more than 4pcs in parallel. Allow to be extended up to 4 in series and 4 in parallel (Max 4S4P) to get more capacity (Max 800Ah) and higher voltage (24V, 36V, 48V). Other installation methods: 4S2P, 2S2P, 3S2P, etc.
- 【Widely Used】: Our lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used in the following areas: Home energy storage system, UPS backup, lighting, digital/CCTV cameras, portable TV, e-Robot, electric vehicles, DIY loud speaker, 12V router, air pump, fish finder, golf car, trolling motor, motorhome/RV & camper, Houseboat, Travel Trailer, Dump Trailer and more. When the batteries are used in parallel or series, the battery voltage and capacity must be the same, and purchased in near time(within 6 month).
5. LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100Ah
If you don’t have use for higher Ah like the Ampere Time 200Ah one, then there is another option for you. This one is also from the same brand. The only difference is that it offers 100Ah.
Now, in comparison to most other units, it is lightweight. No surprise, the 25.4 lbs module is super easy to handle for any user.
If that excites you, then you should check out the unit to find out what more it has to offer.
Why 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery is Top Pick?
At max, a lead-acid battery will give you 3-years service. And even with deteriorating performance.
On the other hand, the Ampere LiFePO4 will take that to the extreme with 3-times more lifespan. Expect to get 10 years or even more with a constant performance level.
Throughout service, you will get a higher energy density. The battery will ensure higher power for run RV’s, marine, or even host your own off-grid power system.
With parallel connections with other cells, you can manage a small power station using it. What makes the difference here is the fact that you can discharge the battery fully and keep using it without worrying about damaging it.
However, to protect the cell, the built-in BMS is in place. It works to ensure the battery keeps operating at temperature 0°c–50°c for charge and -20°C–60°C. Even in rainy conditions, you can keep using the battery without any worry. That’s because the LiFePO4 unit is waterproof
- 【Automotive Grade Lithium Battery】Ampere Time lithium iron batteries have exceptional quality since they are manufactured by Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells with higher energy density, more stable performance & greater power. Highest-level safety based on UL Testing Certificate for the cell inside the battery. With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-iron batteries perfect for solar home, RV, campers, golf cart, motor homes, off-grid applications.
- 【10 Years lifetime】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery provides 4000+ cycles (10 times longer) & a 10-year lifetime compared to 200~500 cycles & a 3-year lifetime in lead acid battery.
- 【1/3* Lightweight】Ampere Time LiFePO4 Battery Weighting only 25.35 lbs for one module, it’s weighs only 1/3* the weight of lead acid batteries. LiFePO4 battery is 50% lighter than lead acid battery with the same capacity.
- 【95%* Efficiency】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery’s flat discharge curve holds above 12.8V for up to 95%* of its capacity usage, providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to only 50% in Lead Acid. This product is your best choice for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation. Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged.
- 【100% Protection & Delivery】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Operating Temp: Charge: -40°C~50°C; Discharge: -40°C~60°C. Our battery is IP65 waterproof, setting you free from worrying to install indoors or outdoors. The batteries will be shipped from our warehouse in Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX according to the inventory and order address to shorten the delivery time.
6. ExpertPower 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery
The last LiFePO4 unit comes from ExpertPower. And like all the others, it is exceptional for various reasons.
Whether it is the durable build quality or the lightweight design, the cell manages to impress the users in every step. So, if you want to have a reliable and powerful unit for various use, then you can have a look at it.
Why ExpertPower 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Battery is Top Pick?
No doubt, the lifecycle of LiFePO4 is quite superior to the lead-acid ones. But the ExpertPower takes to a whole new level with this 100Ah rated unit.
With a full 100% depth of discharge, it manages to give 2500 cycles of use. When you use it at 80% DoD, that cycle increases to 3600. And when you use it as a standard lead-acid cell with 50% DoD, that number goes to a whopping 7000 cycles. Impressive!
What’s even more impressive is its versatility. Whether you’re traveling on an RV or have a rooftop solar panel, for a wide variety of activities, you can use the battery unit.
Then there is the fact that it stores more energy than lead-acid cells. There is no toxic element that makes it a risk for the environment in it too. And still, it manages to give 4 times more power than an SLA. On top of that, there is the BMS panel that ensures to keep the unit from failing from over-charge, short circuit, or other such issues.
Looking at all that, there is no doubt, it is worth investing in it.
- LiFePO4: ExpertPower’s newest line of batteries – The No.1 Sealed Lead Acid Battery Seller on Amazon.
- Longer Service Life: Our LiFePO4 battery provides 2500 - 7000 cycles & a 10 years lifetime compared to 200 - 500 cycles & a 3 years lifetime in typical Lead Acid chemistry.
- Efficient Power: Our LiFePO4 battery’s flat discharge curve holds above 12V for up to 95% of its capacity usage providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to only 50% in Lead Acid.
- Impeccably Lightweight: Our LiFePO4 battery is only a 1/3 of the weight of Lead Acid which makes it the disputable choice for RVs, Marine and Off-Grid Applications when towing or mobility is in the consideration.
- Complete Protection: The lithium battery’s unique built-in Battery Management System (BMS) protects it from overcharge, deep discharge, overloading, overheating and short circuit, and excessive low self-discharge rate ensuring up to 1 year maintenance-free storage. Built-in low-temp cut off prevents charging under 23 °F (-5 °C).
Benefit of Buying this product:
If you’re going for a LiFePO4 battery, then there is no doubt, you’ve got to make a heavy investment.
But it is worth doing when you look at all the benefits it has to offer.
For starters, the battery is 1/3 of the weight of a lead-acid unit. That already makes life easy for the users when it comes to mounting and unmounting the cell. Not to say, it has a lower footprint than the regular cells.
Then there is the other thing of not having any toxic chemical in it. Therefore, there is no chance of accidental spilling that can lead up to serious fire hazards. Plus, it requires no maintenance.
With lithium iron phosphate cells, you can have improved cycles. Almost 10-times more cycles it will give you even with full discharge and charge. Whereas the number can go up even more if you use it with a depth of discharge of 50% like the lead-acid units.
That gives you the idea of its other benefit. And that is the full capacity use of the cell. Not to mention, with the safety features of BMS, you can stop worrying about the battery getting damaged to some sort of accidental issues.
Looking at all that, it makes a lot of sense of spending a bit more on the LiFePO4 over the other batteries.
Buying Guide of LiFePO4 Battery
If you’re in the search for the best LiFePO4 battery, then you should have some features note down to looking for in the cell.
Probably, you’ve got already what you need to find. Or may you don’t? No worries! I will talk you through the features that you need to eye for in the battery.
Let’s start then.
Though it is quite a common feature in the LiFePO4 batteries. Still, make sure there is a battery management system available in the cell you’re getting.
That way, if there is any issue like overcharging, over-discharge, or anything that can cause the battery to fail, it will take care of it. The BMS will be cutting off the power to keep the battery safe.
The more life cycles your cell can manage to offer the better. With most LiFePO4 units, you can expect to get around 2500-5000 cycles with ease. And that even with full discharge. With 50% DoD, the number will go even higher.
That reminds me of the other thing that you need to consider: discharge rate. Not all the LiFePO4 cells will give you the ability to completely use it. Some might have a DoD level that you need to make sure to never go over or you can damage the unit. But the ones on the list will allow you to squeeze out every bit of juice and use it.
When you use out the cell fully, you would want to fill up the charge really fast. For that, make sure you get a unit that offers fast charging.
One reason for getting the LiFePO4 cells is that it offers you an extended lifespan. So, whichever unit you choose, make sure it offers at least 10-years of service life without a drop in performance.
Besides that, there are other things that you should keep in mind. Like us in a variety of temperature, parallel connection and use it for purposes like data transmission if possible. However, those features might be not essential for all, depends on what type of use you’re looking for it.
How to charge the LiFePO4 battery?
There is a rule of thumb when it comes to charging battery units. For most, it is to discharge partially and charge it back again.
With LiFePO4 cells, you can excuse this charging method. You can fully discharge it and then charge it back to it fully.
But if you’re planning to extend its cycle, then like others, partially discharging and charging will be the best way to go about things.
Looking at the battery cycle graph, you can find out how much to drain and how much to charge. That’s right! Even with charging, there is in cases better to not fill up the juice in the cell to its full capacity.
But it may vary from battery to battery. So, make sure to check with the manufacturer to find the ideal charging situation.
How does a LiFePO4 battery work?
Knowing the working mechanism of the battery isn’t that something you should know in full detail. Still, having some idea of it might come in handy later.
So, how does it actually work?
Quite simple. There is a positive charge carried by the electrolytes from the anode to the cathode. Because of this, free electrons get created in the anode due to the lithium-ion moving.
In easy terms, the ion move from the negative side to the positive side of the electrode when discharging. And while charging it is the other way around.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is LiFePO4?
LiFePO4 is a type of battery cell. It stands for lithium iron phosphate.
How do LiFePO4 batteries work?
Using the ion moving from the negative side to the positive one for discharge. While charging, it gets from the positive to the negative side of the electrode.
Can I charge a LiFePO4 battery with a lipo charger?
without not having compatibility, you shouldn’t charge the battery with a lipo charger.
Is lifepo4 the same as lithium-ion?
No. They aren’t the same as the first one uses a non-hazardous material where the other has hazardous chemicals that make them insecure.
How long do LiFePO4 batteries last?
The LiFePO4 batteries can last up to 10-years or even more.
Why are LiFePO4 batteries so expensive?
Due to their lifespan, reliability, and extreme level of high performance, the LiFePO4 is a bit expensive compared to the other types of cells
How safe are LiFePO4 batteires?
As they don’t have any toxic chemicals in them, the batteries are quite safe.
What are LiFePO4 batteries used for?
They can be used for various tasks. For powering up an RV or campsite to give power to the boats, there is use for LiFePO4 in all situations
What voltage is the LiFePO4 battery?
LiFePO4 got a nominal voltage of 3.3V. Meanwhile, the fully charged one has 3.6V where else the depleted one has 2.5V.
Is there a better battery than lithium-ion?
The LiFePO4 is superior to lithium-ion ones. Even Zinc-air ones get considered to be better than those.
Which is the best lithium battery?
All of them on the list are exceptional. But if you need one name then it’s the Battle Born one.
There you have it: the best LiFePO4 battery in the market.
No doubt, all of them are great. And that brings the dilemma of choosing the right one from the ones here.
If you want to have the best one from the lot, I will suggest going for the Battle Born. Its smart BMS system with 100% discharging capacity makes it worth the money.
But if you’ve got a tight budget to follow, then other options like the Ampere Time 100Ah are a good one. Its parallel connectivity makes it for great use to build your own off-the-grid system.
So, choose wisely. Whatever you pick, you won’t be disappointed. Take my words for it